Our range of
Spreaders. Less work. Less wastage.
Save time and money with this simple to use beauty.
Get better coverage in half the time with this brilliant, lightweight spreader.
• Perfect for use on small to medium sized lawns
• Fertiliser hopper holds up to 2kg of fertiliser
• Adjustable dispenser control to maximise coverage rates
• Even coverage for even growth
• Reduced fertiliser handling and easy storage
Spreaders. Less work. Less wastage.
A lawn spreader is a vital piece of application equipment for any lawn lovers shed. Although only used a few times a year it is well worth the investment, so if you are looking to buy a lawn spreader today then you came to the right place.
There are lots of advantages to having a lawn spreader so we have covered some of them below.
Fertilisers create colour and growth, so it’s very important that they are applied evenly, otherwise you will have surges of growth and colour in some areas not others. Fertilisers are also salts and if over applied they can damage the turf, burning it in patches where some may have been dumped if applied by hand.
Easier to handle
Fertiliser bags aren’t carry bags, so it’s not that simple to carry a large bag around, whilst a large amount of fertiliser can be put into a hopper and simply wheeled around in the Earthway 2600A or properly supported with the ergonomic handle of the Scotts Handygreen 2.
Safer to handle
Fertilisers are salts, and while they are low risk to handle they can be irritating to the skin so it’s better to minimise that risk as much as possible.
Probably the number one reason to buy a lawn spreader is they end up paying for themselves. While we can apply granular lawn fertilisers by hand the application with a lawn spreader means it can be applied not only evenly, but also at a lower rate. Lawn spreaders can put products out at low rates like 1kg/100m2 while applying by hand usually results in rates more like 4kg/100m2. So, there is considerable savings by applying by lawn spreader.
With these benefits it’s hard to argue to buy a lawn spreader is a worthwhile investment. Luckily, we have high quality lawn spreaders for sale.
They are both great units and here are some of their benefits:
The Earthway 2600A
This spreader is perfect for larger sized lawns and has some amazing benefits such as:
- The patented EVEN-SPREAD 3-Hole Drop Shut-Off System provides a beautiful even application ensuring an accurate, even distribution.
- This lawn spreader can hold up to 18 kg of material in its rust-proof polypropylene hopper.
- The spreader is professional quality but can still operate on small lawns and can be easily stored in your shed or garage.
- Built with a strong powder coated steel frame and sturdy T-handle it has solid linkage which ensures a positive shut off, excellent rate control, and long-term durability.
The Scotts Handygreen 2 Spreader
This spreader is prefect for small to medium sized lawns and has some amazing benefits such as:
- Its ergonomic handle makes it comfortable to hold even when completely full
- It’s inexpensive, quick and easy to use
- Works great to apply low rates of fertilisers
- Even spread
- Multiple settings
You can buy lawn spreaders at The Lawn Shed with our user-friendly payment methods:
- Visa or Mastercard
After all we have 2 great lawn spreaders for sale.
If you’re looking for fantastic advice on any aspect of lawn care then you should follow along on our YouTube channel, LawnFlix where our resident Lawn Genius shows you how to apply, how to calculate and just generally everything lawn related.
Thanks for taking the time to read this, if you have any questions feel free to reach out to us. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter for well-timed lawn advice, because timing is very important in getting the best results for your lawn.